Have no idea what to make for lunch?
Chicken Salad it’s a good combination of Grilled Chicken, grapes, nuts, celery, cheese and all salad ingredients served with a creamy dressing. This easy chicken salad you can bring to a picnic or get-together. It’s great served on a bed of lettuce, in a sandwich or rolled up in a tortilla for a delicious meal to go.
You can add some other ingredients:
- like green onion
- red onion
- fresh dill
- apple, cranberry
- avocado to make more creamy.
I will share with you my best chicken salad recipe
- 2 medium grilled or cooked chicken
- 2 scallions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
How to make chicken salad ?
- Stir together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, scallions, dijon, lemon juice & salt/pepper.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Serve on bread, in a wrap or on a bed of lettuce
Amount Per Serving Calories 414 Total Fat 37g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 29g Cholesterol 56mg Sodium 544mg Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Protein 14g
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
You should keep your chicken salad in the refrigerator not more than 3-5 days. For me it better on the next day.
Can you Freeze Chicken Salad?
I don’t recommend to freeze salad which has already combined with dressing.
It is better to freeze the diced chicken in single serving portions. When you’d like a salad, just combine the chicken and seasonings with mayonnaise.
How to make keto chicken salad?
When you are making low carb meals or following a special diet, you need to calculate your everyday calories, and it’s so easy to make tasty meals, by adding another ingredient.
DId you know if you replace mayonnaise with yogurt, you will get a delicious meal and low in calories
You can always add more vegetables, cranberry or nuts in your salad, it will make your salad more fresh and healthy.
Tips to make the chicken salad:
- Add grapes, raisins, apples or sour cream to add a sweet and savory flavor.
- You can add any nuts to a salad
- Substitute mayonnaise with avocado puree and sour cream for avocado chicken salad.
- For low carbs using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- This recipe takes a total of 5 minutes, but I like to keep it in the fridge for at least an hour to allow flavors to come together.
- If you do not have time to cook the chicken yourself, you can use grilled chicken. Just remove the skin and cut into pieces.
- You can use fresh chicken or canned chicken from this recipe.
- Make chicken barbecue salad by adding 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce instead of mayonnaise.