I love pasta salad recipes, especially this Italian pasta salad, which really is one of my favorite cold pasta salad dishes. Not only is it tasty, but it is really easy to assemble and super easy to make. Despite the fact that I love creamy salads, and not all pasta salads must be loaded with mayonnaise. That is why I like this healthy pasta salad. Refills refreshing and loaded with fresh greens.
Most people cook such salad only during a treat, picnic, or visit a family/friend, I think it’s also great for eating on a weekday. They make a perfect lunch or dinner. But do not worry, you can leave this pasta for the next day.
- 1 box (12 oz) tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 cucumber, chopped (peeled and seeded)
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 - 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces salami chopped, or substitute summer sausage)
How to make pasta salad?
Prepare a box of Rotini tricolor pasta noodles according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, chop the cucumber, red onion, and cut a few grape tomatoes in half.
After pasta will be ready, transfer it to a colander and give a few minutes to be completely cool . You do not want to add hot pasta to the bowl!
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix. This light Italian pasta salad is well served immediately or left in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Just be sure to stir well, and you may need to add a tablespoon or two Italian dressings to moisturize again.
Amount Per Serving Calories 458 Total Fat 32g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 94mg Sodium 1627mg Carbohydrates 22g Fiber 2g Sugar 11g Protein 20g
How long does pasta salad last?
Pasta salad with dressing can be stored for later without any problems. You can put it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days
Don’t freeze pasta salad
What to put in pasta salad?
A good pasta salad recipe consists of a summer combination of ingredients:
- Vegetables (cucumber, pepper, tomato, dry tomato)
- Cheese( feta, yellow cheese, parmesan, mozzarella)
- Pasta (usually we use Tricolore )
- Almonds (cashews)
- Olives (black big olives)
How to make vegan pasta salad?
- Replace tricolor rotini pasta with gluten-free fusilli
- Replace salami with almonds, replace feta cheese with marinated artichoke to give more flavor
Tips to make easy pasta salad:
- Be sure to salt the water before adding the dry paste.
- Use the Italian sauce that you love. I really like the Italian gas station Olive Garden. There are so many other options. Exquisite Italian dressing, creamy Italian dressing, Italian dressing with parmesan.
- For this pasta salad is best to sow cucumbers. Peel the cucumber, and then cut it in half vertically (so that you get two thinner, longer pieces). Take a metal tablespoon and dig out the seeds and meat. Then chop and dice the cucumber.
- Use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
- Eat this salad with pasta right now or leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
- The recipe provides 1/2 cup – 1 cup of Italian refills. I use about 3/4 cup. It really depends on preferences.