Fruit salad is a great option for breakfast, afternoon snack or light dinner, both for children and for adults. These salads are very tasty and healthy. For their preparation, we usually use fresh fruits and berries, such as oranges, tangerines, kiwi, apples, strawberries, and others.
Can I Use Frozen Fruit in this Recipe?
You can also use frozen and dried fruits
In the case of dried fruits, you need to put fruits in the boil and add a little bit of hot water, fruits will become softer, keep them in the water for 20 minutes and make a salad
If you want to make a salad with frozen fruits, you should give them some time to refroze, but I don’t recommend to make a salad with frozen fruits, you will not get any flavor and taste, by the way, you can make a mix with fresh fruits and serve with ice -cream or yogurt.
How can I prepare fruits for a salad?
Fresh fruit must be pre-treated: remove the stalks, seeds, peel. If fruits or berries are heavily contaminated, then you need to wash them twice, but gently.
Fruits with a high content of iron (pears, apples, avocados) can quickly oxidize and turn brown after cutting, add a little bit of lemon juice. This juice is also recommended for (passion fruit, papaya, mango).
What can I add to fruit salad?
- Tropical Fruits
- Ice- cream
How to keep fruit salad fresh?
- It’s better to make fruit salad before serving
- Highly recommended to keep salad in the fridge, if you are waiting for guests
- Make a dressing for a salad, and put it separately in the cup, everyone can add dressing how much as they want, in this case, your salad be fresh longer.
- Don’t keep fruit salad more than one day, because fruits will not be so fresh and gonna have a bad smell.
- Important tip: If you wanna make a salad with apple, don’t forget to add a little bit of lemon juice (will keep longer apples from turning brown)
- ½ medium cantaloupe or honeydew melon, diced into ¼″ cubes (about 4 cups)
- ½ mini seedless watermelon, diced into ¼″ cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 small pineapple, diced into ¼″ cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 mango
- 1 kiwi
- Optional, for serving: yogurt, granola, or Tajín seasoning for a spicy kick
- In a medium serving bowl, combine ALL ingredients For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- This fruit salad is best when freshly prepared but keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
Fruit salad dressing?
You can use everything you want: yogurt, ice- cream, sour cream, juice, syrup.