Eggs are a popular and regular component in American cuisine. They are constantly consumed both when baking, and when boiled simply added to salads and other dishes. This is not surprising since it is a satisfying and affordable product. The recipe for an American egg salad has only four ingredients. The result is a pretty tasty dish.
How to cook eggs?
Preheat the oven in advance to 190 degrees. Place the eggs in a cake pan and bake for thirty minutes. Remove them from the oven and immerse in ice water to cool for ten minutes. This will allow you to cook a large number of eggs at the same time. Also, you can do it in the saucepan.
How long to boil eggs for egg salad?
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Cover with a lid and bring water to a boil over high heat; when the water has reached a boil, set the timer for the desired time. Boil for 6 – 7 minutes over medium-high heat for perfect hard-boiled eggs.
What other ideas for adding into the egg salad?
- Add pickle juice, diced pickles or relish
- Celery or carrots for texture
- Add some protein such as diced cooked shrimp or small, square chunks of chicken or ham
- Diced tomato or cherry tomatoes
What can I substitute Mayonnaise with?
- Greek Yogurt
- Nut Butter
How long does egg salad last?
You can place cooked classic egg salad with mayonnaise in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. After a few days, it may become slightly watery, but it is perfectly safe if you drain the excess liquid and use this dish.
Do not leave the salad with the egg at room temperature for more than two hours.
Egg salad sandwich
How to make the best egg salad sandwich? This sandwich is filled with bright, fresh, sweet and savory flavors that are good for any meal. This is a simple and classic fast food that many people love. To make a sandwich tasty, you need to provide a contrast of tender egg salad with hard and crunchy ingredients, for example, green onions and bacon. Egg and bacon are the perfect way to start the morning. First, the breakfast will be more satisfying, and secondly, the bacon will give the sandwich a pleasant flavor.
How to serve egg salad?
Serve this egg salad in sandwiches or wrapped in lettuce for a light lunch. My favorite way to serve this egg salad is on a piece of toasted bread, topped with sliced avocado.
Tips for making healthy egg salad
- Cook and peel your eggs ahead of time and refrigerate. Then your egg salad will be quick and easy to make.
- You can use any dressing you want
- Change some ingredients, for example, chopped celery, shallot or green onion in place of the red onion. Add chives or other fresh herbs.
Prep Time 15 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 25 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill minced
- 2 tbsp chives minced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand for 10-12 minutes. Take the eggs out of the water and let cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs and add them to a medium sized bowl. Add mayonnaise, dill, chives, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread on bread or use with your favourite crackers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 485 Total Fat 40g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 29g Cholesterol 756mg Sodium 1446mg Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 26g